Monday, June 13, 2016

A Good Weekend

Friday night I had a fantastic ride with Tucker.  There were lots of cavaletti and baby x's set up in the ring so I spent the whole ride trotting and cantering through those exercises.  He was focused and forward and seemed to be really enjoying himself.  He had a bit of a hard time understanding a row of canter rails (I think they were set a bit long for him) and kept breaking and changing his lead (???) through them, but I just kept adding them in until he figured it out.  I tried my best not to hold his hand too much and see if he could read the question himself, and he did!  Eventually he cantered through and bounced them and didn't try to change his lead or break to trot, so I gave him big pats and let him cruise around the ring on a long rein at the trot and quit on that note.  Good boy.  

A Tucker at the end of the rainbow
Saturday was the wedding, which was an absolute blast.  Bride was beautiful, weather was perfect, food was great, company was fun.  Just the kind of night I needed.  It's been far too long since I've had a chance to party with this girl (my lovely sister-in-law, my best friend, who I introduced to my brother about 12 years ago).


Sunday I spent the day at my grandparents' house, floating in a pool, hanging out with my nieces.
  

I'm not a kid person, never wanted my own, don't have the patience for them, but I absolutely love these two little girls.  



Their newest thing is face-timing with Tucker.  They call my phone in the evenings when they know I'm at the barn and ask to see him.  Adorable.

A very good weekend, indeed.  I woke up with a smile on my face today, for the first time in weeks. It feels like I'm turning a corner.

8 comments:

  1. Aw face timing the pony is way too cute! Glad things are looking up;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, you look happy in that pic. The rainbow one is so amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to say at least part of their cuteness is their love for your horse. Anyone that loves my horse is ok in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you had fun with some cross-training and your nieces face-timing Tucker is the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so adorable! I also don't want kids but they are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like kids either but that is too cute with the face timing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.