3. When you are struggling with something, taking a day off to do something more fun and enjoyable can be more productive than continuing to struggle through it.
4. When you aren't sure what to do, treat the issue conservatively and give it a few days.
6. It is possible to do something the wrong way for a long time, without making it impossible to do it the right way in the future.
9. Success is not linear, and a set-back or a mistake does not equal failure. (I've said this before, but it bears repeating. I should probably have this written down in several places.)
10. A sense of humor always helps.