Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I've Got a Girl Crush...

... on this mare.  These photos are gorgeous but honestly they don't even do her justice.  In person she is positively stunning.


Seriously, I'm in love.

I wasn't sure if I would make it to Dressage at Devon this year, because there was this whole hurricane thing, but I really wanted to see Amy ride and I guess the Universe decided to just take it easy on me for once, so the storm blew out to sea and although it was gray and a little windy, it turned out to be a nice afternoon.

Despite the chill and wind, which was making a lot of the horses more tense than usual, Amy put in a really great test.  And this mare, you guys.  I was keeping a close eye on the warm-up so I wouldn't miss her, but there was no chance of that.  This girl stands out in a crowd.  

I took a video of the test, which I uploaded and deleted from my phone... and then YouTube ate it.  I really wanted you all to see what a lovely rider Amy is (she sits so still), but for now you'll have to settle for these screen shots.  











Such eye candy!  I have a major case of grabby hands for this mare.


Also, given that I have been a bit morose about my love life on the blog as of late, it's worth mentioning that Ethan came to Devon with me and we had a great day together, so things are looking up. Which just proves what I've been saying for years, that Devon is a magical place.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time at Devon! That mare is indeed quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever happens, there's always THAT MARE. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mare! Glad Devon was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am happy to hear the universe is cutting you some slack - in multiple dimensions it seems :D (except Tucker's volunteered half canter pirouettes whenever he sees a groundhog - LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just a great update all around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anddddd...ps....my sister apparently went to high school with Ethan...how's that for small world, lol!

      Delete
    2. Wow that's a really small world!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.