Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ridiculousness

So, I've tried over the years to give my readers the clearest mental picture possible, so that you all can truly understand the RIDICULOUSNESS that is my beloved Tucker.

If I haven't succeeded yet, this post will surely do it.  

As I've mentioned, Tucker doesn't have the best feet, so as a rule I don't hose him off after I ride. Instead, I park him on the cross-ties in front of a giant industrial fan to dry off, before currying him and turning him back out for the night.  While he's drying, I head upstairs to the tack room to put all my stuff away.  If I time everything right it's actually pretty efficient.  

So last night, I start this usual routine, flip on the fan and head upstairs with my stuff.  I'm not up there long before I hear him SCREAMING for me over and over and over like he's Lassie and he's just discovered that Timmy fell down the well.

At first, I chalked it up to the fact that his favorite mare left while we were riding and he still wasn't over it, because he's basically a teenage girl staring at her phone waiting for it to ring, and he spent the second half of our ride last night laser focused on the in-gate in case said mare should reappear miraculously.  I took it as an opportunity to practice riding through tension.  

But then I got downstairs and found him like this.


Apparently, the screaming translated to:  "MOM I PEED AND NOW I'M SCARED OF THE PUDDLE GET DOWN HERE AND CLEAN IT UP MY HEAD IS STUCK TO THESE ROPES I'M TRAPPED PLZ HELP"

Ridiculous.  Completely and utterly ridiculous.

13 comments:

  1. OMG

    He really is a remarkable creature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ridiculous if I've ever seen it. What a goof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom help, I know you do not want my feetz to get wet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! My horse habitually spooks from his own pee puddles in the barn aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I nominate that for best story of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have pretty much the exact same picture of Bobby. So speshul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.