Monday, July 20, 2015

He's Still Got It!

I absolutely, positively, unconditionally, love this horse.  I really do.


He hasn't jumped anything bigger than 2'6" in at least a year, probably longer, but on Sunday I put him through a grid that got up to around 3'6" and he didn't miss a beat.  A group of the boarders at my barn had made plans to have a group jump school in the morning before it got too hot, and I figured we'd play along and jump stuff while it was still small.  But every time the grid went up I thought... hmm... maybe we could jump that....

My heart was pounding in my chest because I am a wimp but I was so happy each time the moment I realized he totally had it covered.  I literally just pointed him at the first cross rail, and thought about keeping my eye up and my heel down.  That's it.  He is the greatest.  I think he was just so relieved to be doing something other than circles and sideways steps.

Also will you look at how adorable he was the first time through peeking at the oxer and jumping it like the most cutest little hunter that he is?


Seriously, even though it's a blurry screen grab...  how cute is he?



I love dressage and I am very happy with the progress he and I are making, but we definitely need to keep jumping on the side.  He loves it.  

12 comments:

  1. He jumps sooooooooooo nice. You could always moonlight a little in the hunter right... nobody said you can't have your cake and eat it too or whatever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Glad to see you guys had some fun over fences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so so so nice! And you do such a great job with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker is officially the coolest haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great! I am jealous I have always wanted to try jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good looking (and jumping) guy. You guys are a model pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cross training!! He's gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the last pic especially. Absolutely adorable! I bet Tucker loved every second. (Since jumping a rail laying on the ground scares the bejesus out of me, I can't imagine facing 3'6" *without* a pounding heart.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Serious props to you too. If I tried to jump that height after not having done it in forever, I'd have an absolutely meltdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.