Thursday, June 11, 2015

How a Horse Girl Gets Engaged

Ha!  Gotcha!  No Ethan and I are not engaged.  Yet.  He has to ask me first.  You can feel free to nudge him about that though.  

But my very dear friend who writes A Horse and a Half and goes by the pen name onthebit IS officially getting hitched!  And since she doesn't blog nearly as often as she should, I'm spilling the beans on her behalf.

Here is the story in fourteen adorable photos.

Sleepy Gennyral did not want nap time to end.


But we had to make him pretty...


I had wanted to do braids, but I couldn't leave work early,
so flowers had to do.


She had no idea what was happening.


Like a true horse girl, she went to greet her horse first.


Then she remembered her knight in shining armor, 
who was waiting there on a horse for the first time in his life.


When he started his speech, she finally realized what was happening.


And then he got down on one knee....


She said yes.


They kissed.


He put a ring on it.


The ring is engraved, "My Blue Ribbon."


And they lived happily ever after.


Oh and I was there too, drink in hand.  Shocker.


We knew he was The One when he emailed us to ask for help, so her horse could be involved in his proposal.  We immediately informed him that, Gen being a gray horse, we would need to factor a bath into the day's schedule.  If he didn't know it already, the thousand emails we sent back and forth in the past weeks to pull all this off have taught him that horse girls are very particular.

I'm so happy for them.  She is an outstanding person, a loyal friend with a generous heart, a kind soul, and a talent for baked goods.  I'm so happy she has finally found someone who totally deserves her.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun story!!

    And yeah, I was totally pulling for you and Ethan. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! Thank you!!! Thank you for helping my man plan the engagement!!! I feel so lucky that I have an amazing man, amazing horse, and amazing friends like you in my life!!! And I can't wait for the day when you get to post about your own engagement to Ethan ;)

    THANK YOU AGAIN FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw this is so sweet!!! what a great story! (and i also got a little excited when i saw the post title thinking perhaps you were referring to yourself and Ethan lol. but major congrats to OnTheBit all the same!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy did I race to read this when I read the title! You certainly got me! Not sure my nudging Ethan is a good idea though��

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also thought you got engaged, but this is totally adorable anyway! Congrats to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best engagement story! He gets major props for including her horse, and the inscription on her ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's so sweet!!! Congrats to your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, that's so great!!!! What a sweet guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to On the Bit!!!! Lovely post Marissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this! Congrats to your friends! "My Blue Ribbon" How great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, I just totally teared up. I mean, he even wore a helmet to propose! The flowers in Gen's mane are so pretty. I am sure Ethan will be doing something equally adorbs in no time. But in the meantime congrats to our friend onthebit!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.