In honor of the occasion, I gave the blog a face lift (soooo... what do we think?) and a new banner to demonstrate that he is now in fact a bona-fide shiny happy dressage horse, not just a blurry free jumping hunter (whatever, I loved the old banner photo). And since it's been years (well, a year, two months, and 29 days according to blogger) since I've posted anything, I figure a transitional post is in order.
What's the same, and what's changed:
- Tucker is still the greatest big brown horse that ever lived. Although if you ask me he's even more beautiful than ever (see above photo, courtesy of Dom of course. She's still amazing).
- I am still practicing law in order to fund my very expensive pony habit (Although what's changed is that I now work with my brother at a small firm, and I actually kind of like it.)
- Still in love with this guy:
- ... and Tucker is still in love with this guy, if that's what you call this:
- We are officially concentrating on dressage, although we still jump as often as we can. We did our first few dressage shows this past Spring and Summer, and he was his usual fantastic self, amazing me and even the occasional judge. We finished 3rd at our championship out of 22 horses, and 4th for the year at Training Level for the schooling series we did. Oh, and my friends are still just the greatest cheerleaders ever:
- The biggest recent change is that Tucker and I are at a new barn. After much soul-searching, I realized our lovely farm was just too far away for us, now that I'm working full time again, and have found a two-legged guy with whom I like to eat dinner every night. So Tucker and I are finally, for the first time ever in the history of me owning this horse, living about fifteen minutes away from each other. And the best part is, he's on the way home from work. The other day I realized that Tucker and I have lived in several of the same towns, but never at the same time. Goal for 2015: Simplify our life! More about the new barn in my first "real" post (hint: we love it so far).
- I am still completely, and totally, 100% donkey-obsessed.
Sooo fuzzy. I want all the donkeys.
It's good to be back! Stop in, say hello, leave us a comment, put us back on the bookmark bars, baby. We've got stories to tell!