Monday, June 3, 2013

Tucker's First Fix-A-Test

OnTheBit from A Horse and a Half (who also did the fix-a-test with Lucky) was kind enough to video our test during the fix-a-test we did on Sunday, so you all can see how adorable Tucker is looking these days.

I loved the Judge, Mindy Elgart.  She gave lots of helpful criticism but was extremely nice to all of us.  The comments about Tucker were very complimentary which made me beam with pride.  After we ran through the test we worked on my position (which is still pretty hunter-ish, despite Cindy's efforts to fix it) and worked on getting a bigger canter and a better canter transition.  Tucker was wonderful for all of it, and since he did exactly what we asked and he was blowing pretty hard with the extreme heat yesterday, we opted not to run through the whole test again.  Overall, though it wasn't perfect, I was super happy with him.  No invisible monsters anywhere in sight yesterday.  Good boy!

After the test we stood and talked to the Judge for a bit, so when I gathered my reins back up he thought maybe he'd try some of his spooky/stuck stuff, but I was able to sit and support and send him through it without incident, so I am pretty happy with myself too!

Here's the video:


Doesn't he look ADORABLE in his white polos and dressage tack? 

8 comments:

  1. You guys look great! Tucker does look quite good in his white polos and dressage tack :) Any dressage shows going to be in your future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling Tucker and I are going to do some dressage schooling shows at some point this summer. I think we are almost ready to be seen in public without embarrassing our trainer :)

      Delete
  2. If you have a second check out the video of your test from last year and compare it to this one...you and Tucker look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you OTB, and thank you again for the video and the photos! You are the best!

      Delete
  3. You guys look awesome!!! What dressage saddle did you end up going with? I remember last year I think you mentioned shopping so I was curious what you decided on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hillary! I am now the proud owner of a Schleese JES Elite and I love it. Was sort of like Goldilocks and the 300 dressage saddles before I found one, but it was worth the wait!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure which part of this is what's called "dressage," but Tucker looks very perky and you look very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic! Tucker looks very light and lofty, like he is carrying himself. Which I expect he is. I envy your rock solid lower leg, rarely seen on dressage riders, always seen on good hunters. Hmmm.

    Hudson asked me to pass this on to Tucker, said it was an inside joke, and I wouldn't get it: http://equineink.com/2013/06/05/best-clip-job-ever/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.