Thursday, June 7, 2012

Working Moms

Most of us horse owners aren't fortunate enough to spend all day with our horses, and many of us are stuck in an office all day, instead of covered in dirt and dust at the barn like we ought to be.  For those of us like me, who are chained to a desk most of the time, there are fewer joys in life better than seeing how our beloved horses are spending their time.  Nothing brings a smile to my face quicker than getting a picture of my boy in the middle of my day.

Here's a little sampling from this week:

So sleepy....

"Hey can somebody open this so I can visit the girls?"

Just chillin' with Tigger

And here are a few I took myself last night, when I got to the barn.  There is something so rewarding about dragging yourself out to the farm after a long day at work, when all you want to do is curl up on the couch.  I always get a second wind as soon as I get there and kiss that velvety nose.

"Who's that?"

"Who, her?  That's just my mom."

"She does this a lot.  Just keep eating and try to look cute."

"Hmm.  Okay."

Had a great ride last night after I took these, just a long and low hack in the big outdoor ring.  We finished in almost total darkness, but Tucker didn't mind.  He sees better than me in the dark, so I let him lead the way back to the barn.  I think it makes him feel important.  Such a good boy.

4 comments:

  1. Life would be GRAND if we could just bum out at the barn all day instead of slaving for big paychecks to care for our little monsters. I've been dragging myself out of bed in the AM and it always seems impossible, but once I am at the barn, the endorphins and happiness I get from being around Pongo last all day long...it's well worth the trip, every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!there are woman who don't have to work and can spend all day at the barn? Urg I should have just married young, forget about nursing school. Just kidding(: love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an employed horse mom who works at the barn, I like to take pictures of the client horses and then either send them to their owners or post them on facebook. Who wouldn't want a quick photo update about their horses during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Your barn sends you pictures during the day?! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.