Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Come Visit Me at Sidelines!

My first blog post is up on the Sidelines blog site.  Very exciting!

Pretty new banner

I didn't repeat that post here because, well, you all already know me, but I know I've gotten some new readers lately thanks to the Heartthrobs (should I mention Ryan Reynolds when I win the first Pulitzer awarded to a blog?), so some of you may want to check it out.  Funny story:  When the layout was originally listed, my name was at the top as "Marissa Tucker."  Some cruel joke by the universe, a sign that I really do act like I'm married to this horse? 

As I mentioned last week, for now I am going to keep both blogs up and running and see how that goes.  I don't know how cumbersome it's going to be to post twice, but we'll see.  So, no need for you all to update your bookmarks just yet, but could I ask you a favor?  My dear, sweet, loyal readers?  If you're going to comment on something anyway, do you think you might comment over at Sidelines?  I'm the new kid on the block, you see, and I don't want them to think I'm unpopular (high school was bad enough).  So, if you're so inclined, maybe you could drop by there once in a while and leave me a note?  Would it help if I bat my eyelashes?  Would it help if Tucker bats his eyelashes?

Okay, okay.  There are more reasons to visit me at Sidelines, if that's not enough.  They have some great blogs, which are linked on mine.

The first is Chasin', and it's about foxhunting, steeplechasing, and eventing.  The pictures alone on that blog are amazing, and the stories are great.

Higher Education is a blog written by a college student who had a very successful junior career.  I can't wait to read more about that one, her horse is gorgeous.

Next is In the Irons, a very educational blog by Alan Korotkin, who runs Castlewood Farm in Wellington.  I love getting the trainer's perspective on horse showing and riding.

Injecting Perspective is an aptly-named blog written by a vet, Dr. Emerson, who has a lot of very insightful advice about the use of certain medications for performance horses and other related topics.  Read his post called "Uh Oh" about Gamma Aminobutyric acid, aka Carolina Gold. 

Lauren Gallops (great title) is an eventing blog by Lauren that I've been following for a while.  Another great read for those of you much braver than me who like to go really fast and jump really big things that don't move.

Then there is Pony Up, a blog about intercollegiate equestrian competition (or NCEA).  I have to say I'm a bit jealous.  I didn't ride much during the school year in college (apart from breaking a few very naughty welsh ponies here and there) and in hindsight I wish I had.

What's Happening is a blog that will tell you everything you need to know about -- you guessed it -- what's happening in the horse world.  I'm hooked already... this is my kind of news. 

And last, but hopefully not least?  Is me, at Tucker the Wunderkind

Enjoy the new reads, and thank you for coming with me on the new leg of the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Already commented and added to my Google Reader. I am SO excited for you. Great first post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.