Monday, April 16, 2012

Big News: TTW Becomes a Sidelines Blog

Life is funny.  I never would have thought that the one thing that would have put TTW on the map and garnered media attention would be posting half-naked pictures of hot men saying things like "I love when you smell like DMSO" and "I re-rolled all your wraps for you," but so it is.  Honestly, I never thought my inappropriately strong affection for Ryan Reynolds would take me places. 

(As a sidenote, I now have nightmares where Ryan Reynolds himself calls me up to yell at me, because he's sick of people only caring about his rock hard abs and not his talent as an actor.  As a further sidenote, when I address him in these dreams, it is always by his full name, as in, "Oh, Ryan Reynolds, I'm so sorry I've made you a piece of meat to the entire equestrian community.  Please don't be mad Ryan Reynolds."  I can't make this stuff up.  Anyway, back to the point of this post....)

A couple of weeks ago I saw one of my Johnny Depp photos showed up on the Sidelines Magazine facebook page, and I commented on it, and thanked them for re-posting.  Well low and behold, Sidelines' News Editor contacted me, said she loves the Equestrian Heartthrobs, she'd love to do an article on Tucker and me, if I'd be willing, and would I be interested in becoming a Sidelines blogger?

You can guess my answer to all of that.  It was a big old, "HECK YES I WOULD!"

Last week I got going on my interview questions for the article, which will appear in the in-print magazine (I believe in the next issue, but I'm not sure).  I'm not giving any details away...  you'll have to get your hands on a copy and read it yourself!  It was a really fun process for me though, I will tell you that. 

To go with the article, I had Dom at A Collection of Madcap Escapades come out and do a photo shoot of Tucker and me.  Here is the one that will accompany the magazine article:


Didn't she make us look great?  She's the best!  More photos are posted on Dom's blog.  Check them out!  I'll be doing a post about the photo shoot next week, so stay tuned.  (Spoiler alert: Dom is awesome, and so is HERBIE!) 

So back to the big news.  Starting next week, Tucker the Wunderkind will officially become a Sidelines blog.  The content will remain the same:  I'll be posting about my riding, my experiences and my relationship with Tucker, as well as Hunter/Jumper news that interests me, and of course I'll still deliver a healthy dose of humor whenever possible. 

For now, I'm going to keep this blog up and running (as well as the TTW facebook page) and my posts will appear in two places.  I may at some point consolidate the blogs somehow, but I don't want to lose all the content that's already on here (obviously).  Haven't quite sorted out all the logistics of the virtual move yet, as it were.  I have to see how cumbersome it is to post in two places at once, and how the traffic is flowing to each site, and figure out how to preserve what's in the archives on here.  Maybe it will make more sense to keep both running.  We shall see.

I'll post a link to my Sidelines address once the blog is live there next week, so you can check it out.  Of course, in the meantime, you should go check out the Sidelines website and the other Sidelines blogs too.  I already follow "On the Line" pretty religiously but I've been checking out the others too, and they are awesome!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats, that's big big news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is super cool. And that is a beautiful photo of you and Tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl (hahaha...couldnt resist), this is just EXCELLENT! My equestrian Ryan Gosling coupled with my blog writing aptitude didn't garner nearly this much attention, LOL! I am so excited for you, you're a fantastic writer, they're lucky to have you. Your pics are GORGEOUS too! I love Tuck-Tuck's ears in ALL of them, he's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ROCK!!!! Love the pic, Dom is a great photographer but truly, she does not need to use all of her skillto make you guys look good.
    Kudos on your success, thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Ryan Reynolds himself may be contacting you soon when he sees the nice pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Marissa! Your writing is intelligent, witty and incredibly funny! You so deserve this!
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Thrilled it gave us a chance to meet at last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! How wonderful!! I just want to remind you I still thought Ryan was the best equestrian guy....just in case he contacts you and asks! :-) Congratulations and have fun with it. That picture of you two is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliance comes in the form of hot men! ;) Congrats!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! Your brilliance makes you famous again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cool! Congrats. I loved all of the pictures of you and the handsome tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so TOTALLY AWESOME!! I can't wait to come read you on Sidelines. Love the photo, and you already know I love your blog and writing. *jumping up and down with joy*
    Donuts and Champagne are on me! (I saved you your favorite.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG COngratulations! Now I can say, yep I was a follower from the beginning! ;) PS love the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.