Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering...

... where Tucker gets his fabulous jump from, he gets it from his daddy:

Keizer in the Hunter Derby at HITS Saugerties, June 2011
Beautifully photographed by G. Dunleavy

Is that a beautiful horse or what?  Every time I see a picture of this guy, I audibly gasp, and my heart just melts.  He is just so incredibly gorgeous, he takes my breath away!  Probably also because I know what a kind, lovely, sweet horse he is, it just makes him all the more attractive to me.  The rider in the photo above is Keizer's current owner, who as you can tell takes absolutely great care of him, given that he is still doing a Hunter Derby and he is in his late teens!  I love this picture... he looks so happy to be doing his job (Tucker gets that from his daddy too!).  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that this very special horse, for whom I have such deep affection, has such a wonderful home in his later years.

Compare the photo above with this one.  If you look closely, you'll see that Keizer and Tucker are doing the same thing with their lips!  Amazing how many little quirks like that Tucker has that were genetically passed down from Keizer, even though they never even met.  I think their jumping styles are pretty similar too, don't you?  Now I just have to get brave enough to start jumping bigger jumps so Tucker can get his knees up to where Keizer's are (see banner photo, above)!


Can't wait to get these two beautiful boys together this summer for a father-son photo opp!

4 comments:

  1. He is a lovely stallion! Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa - Keizer and Tucker are related, no doubt. On top of their magnificent jumping skills and form, they are both absolutely gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker's daddy is gorgeous. Like father like son. It would be so great to get a picture of the two of them together this year. And I'm so happy to see a horse in his late teens has a wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.