Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And now... The Reveal

Will the real Tucker the Wunderkind please come forward?

Tucker

Tuck

So, side by side, they are not completely twins... but you have to admit, the resemblance is pretty strong.  When Tucker becomes famous, we certainly know who will be his stunt double.  Wait a minute, what am I saying?  Of course Tucker will do his own stunts. 

Without further ado... the answers to last week's blog contest are as follows:

Eye#1:  Tuck
Eye #2:  Tucker
(2 people guessed right)

Ear #1: Tuck
Ear #2: Tucker
(6 people guessed right... my horse does have rather... distinct ears)

Nose #1: Tucker
Nose #2: Tuck
(5 people guessed right)

Mouth #1: Tuck
Mouth #2: Tucker
(4 people guessed right)

Chest #1: Tucker
Chest #2: Tuck
(7 people guessed right)

Tail #1: Tucker
Tail #2: Tuck
(4 people guessed right)

And the winner is....  Kathleen!  Now, I know what you're all thinking.  Isn't that cheating?  Is it fair that Tuck's owner should win this contest?  Shouldn't she be disqualified or something?  Aren't there rules? 

But see, here's the thing:  You can't argue with Kathleen.  Trust me on this.  I try all the time, and I lose (usually, followed by a fit of laughter... and snorting).  It's not easy for a lawyer to admit that someone else is right, but sometimes, even I have to concede.  She (correctly) pointed out that there were no limitations on the contest, and it was open to everyone... so technically she didn't cheat.  She said she won fair and square, and she wants her prize.  As per usual, I couldn't argue with her.

When I realized she had won, I figured I'd have to come up with some kind of second prize, or let Tucker choose another winner, or something.  Just to be fair.  But then, I watched Kathleen and Tuck show on Sunday... and ladies, if you were there to see it for yourselves, you'd want to give them a prize too.  These two are perfect for each other.  They were totally in sync, a true partnership, like they have known each other forever and absolutely belong together.  I was so proud. 

So, I am very happy to be sending Kathleen and Tuck some of Tucker's favorite treats -- Paddock Cake Peppermint Paddies -- which you can purchase here.  Tucker has always loved two kinds of treats: peppermints, and chewy molasses cookies.  These treats combine the two, which Tucker says is the best thing ever to happen to the world of equine goodies.

Please join me in congratulating Kathleen on winning this contest, and on the purchase of such a fabulous new horse.  Imitation is the highest form of flattery, after all. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kathleen!!!! Dirty rotten cheater that she is...
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I guessed wrong every single time! At least I'm consistent :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.