In addition, I have a decidedly horsey brain. Much the way someone who is bilingual might think in their first language, I think in "horse." The following are examples of things that I have actually thought to myself or said out loud to others, in very recent memory. They have all caused me to stop and blink for a few minutes in disbelief... over how my brain seems to... translate... certain things.
- "It should only take me 5 minutes to get tacked up," while deciding how long I can hit the snooze button while still leaving time to get dressed for work.
- "I need to wash these turnouts," referring to my own barn jackets.
- "My stifle is killing me," while walking to the train and realizing that the muscles in front of my right hip were sore (most likely from attempting to sit straight on my horse, for once).
- "I can't wait to get home and loosen my girth," after a particularly long day in a suit. [When I had this thought, I actually rolled my eyes at myself so hard that I got a funny look from the person next to me.]
- "I'm short-coupled," explaining why I prefer jackets and tops that end at the waist, rather than the hip.
I can't be alone in this. Please tell me that some of you do this too?