3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
1. We have been given this award by Kate at The Adventures of Lucy, Kristen at Sweet Horse's Breath, and Ruffles at Just A Girl and Her Horse. There may be others that I've missed, and if so -- Thank you!
2. Seven things about me. Do they have to be true? Do they have to be things you don't know? Do they have to be interesting? Let's see here....
- I dream of being a writer for a living. I am working on a novel, aimed at the tween/teenage group, about a girl and her horses. I am also sending queries to some of the equestrian publications about writing an article. Stay tuned for more progress on that one.
- I love being an Aunt, and I didn't think I would. I've never liked babies, and I was secretly very fearful that I wouldn't feel anything for my niece at all, and I'd feel like a terrible person. I was sort of uneasy with her for the first few months (she was so tiny and fragile, and sort of purple, and not very interactive), but now I adore her, and miss her when I haven't seen her in a few weeks. I can't wait to watch her grow up.
- My guilty pleasure is sit-coms -- cheesy, mildly amusing, laugh-track in the background, conflicts resolved in under 30 minutes, intellectually unstimulating sit-coms. I should probably read a book instead, but I can't help it, I love them. My DVR is set to record a lot of them. On snow days or sick days, I still watch Will & Grace, Friends, Seinfeld... you get the idea.
- My tack trunk is always neat and organized, my tack is always clean, my trailer is spotless, and my horse is always clipped and groomed. Yet, keeping my apartment clean is a constant struggle, my truck is a complete nightmare (haven't seen the back seat in months), and I can be extremely disorganized when not in a barn. Something I'll never understand.
- I love to sketch and I haven't done it regularly for years. I've done some things I am really proud of that hang in various homes and offices of my family members. I stopped in law school though, because I didn't have the time, and never picked it up again. I'm going to try to create some nice sketches this year.
- My favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn. My favorite actors are Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey. There are others I like too, but I'll watch and enjoy pretty much any movie starring one of these three. Of course, the same goes for Ryan Reynolds, but for slightly different reasons....
- In my fantasy life, I am on the road at horse shows all the time, with my two lovely horses, living in a camper with an adorable jack russell. If I win the lottery, what I do with the money will be a very, very easy decision. For now though, I'm willing to settle for a horse that I love and get to show locally. Most days, I feel pretty darn lucky to have that.