Monday, December 20, 2010

Tucker's Grandmother

I got a few pictures that I just had to share with you....  I got these pictures from the girl who currently owns Keizer (Tucker's daddy).  She apparently tracked them down from Keizer's breeder in Holland.  The baby is none other than my favorite horse of all time...  Keizer. 




No wonder they kept him a stud right?  Just look at that pretty face and those gorgeous long legs.  My goodness, he was one good looking kid.  Once I stopped gushing over the adorableness of Keizer as a baby, I fell in love with Tucker's grandmother.  She looks like she was a beautiful (and really big) mare. 


Now I see where Tucker gets his height from (he's bigger than both his parents)... and there is now no doubt about where those big ears of his came from!  In case you've never noticed Tucker's ears, see Exhibit A, below:


See the family resemblance now?  Yep, I thought so.  People make fun of his ears all the time... but I just explain that we get Direct TV up there.  Or, I explain that they act like sails, or make him aerodynamic, or assist with steering... all valid explanations for his rather large adornments.

So nice to see another little piece of Tucker's family history.  I can definitely see a resemblance.  Tucker's profile is very similar to his grandmother's.  Keizer was a wayyyy cuter baby than Tucker was though, that's for sure! 

9 comments:

  1. aww that is amazing to be able to trace back that far. I am totally jealous! I wish I could find out more about Ella but I could never find the man's phone number who rescued her. Would love to know her "story". Those pictures are too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have those pictures - love that dappled mare! And big ears are a good thing - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody could pick on those cute ears! I would have to kiss them everytime I saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pictures!! I once read that long ears are a sign of intelligence. We always joke that the horses love watching American Idol & use Mosco's ears as the antenna to get reception (his are very Tucker-esque). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keizer was a little cutie, for sure, but Tucker is one handsome guy!! I love Tuckers ears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Tucker--he's just a late maturer is all. Grandma is one pretty lady, though. Love the dapples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the big ears. I think they're dignified. Aristocratic even.

    And yes, paper is DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Grandma's dapples are crazy beautiful! Yes, I see the sweet, sweet big ear genetics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh the ears... Granite has those ears!
    I told my farrier that I was still holding out hope that he would grow into them. My farrier's response? "Honey, I don't think he's going to make 18h." Verrrry funny Steve!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.