So please vote (in the poll you see on the right of your screen).
I am considering doing the jumpers at Duncraven on Sunday. Just for fun. But I have reservations... (no, no, not for dinner. I meant have concerns).
On the one hand, it would be good practice. We'd have to do some more handy turns, some broken lines, probably at least a one-stride or a two-stride, all of which would be good exercises for us. It would also be good practice for me to keep riding forward between the jumps and around the turns. I wouldn't be going fast or making tight inside turns or anything, just using it as a schooling day. We'd probably learn at lot, and it might actually be fun. These are the obvious benefits.
On the other hand, I finally have my confidence back. I am finally feeling relaxed at horse shows and have pretty much eliminated the terrible case of show nerves I developed a year or so back. I don't want to give either Tucker or myself a negative experience that would send me ricocheting back to nutjob land (and subsequently drive him to the point where he loses all patience with me and my ridiculous worrying). I've got a stock pile of things that could go wrong: I could get lost [pretty high likelihood of this -- jumper courses make my head hurt -- though all that's at stake there is my pride]. I could bury him coming into a combination, or he could lose his power steering in a combination. I could have one of those scary Marissa-in-Orbit fences that usually ends with Tucker landing in an angry coil and exploding. [We haven't done that in a while; I'd be just fine if it never happened again.]
Alicia thinks it would be a good idea (it was her suggestion), though I'm not entirely surprised. She's been stealthily calling me over to the dark side for years now. Personally, I think she finds the hunters a little boring, though she's doing a fabulous job anyway of turning us into winners in the AA Hunter ring (and she's always been careful never to yawn right in front of us).
I can't decide, and since Tucker hasn't actually learned to talk yet (though I feel strongly that one day he will), I can't leave it up to him. So, I'm leaving it up to our readers. If you guys decide that we should go, then we'll go. If you think it's a mistake, we'll probably go for another trail ride instead, and we'll do the hunters the following weekend. And if you think we should wait a while and do a jumper show later in the year, we'll figure out another time (plenty of other opportunities). Please make my decision for me!