Friday, September 3, 2010

May I have the envelope please....

Well, well, well.  It looks like Tucker and I are the very honored recipients of the Intrepid Riders Faction Award.  Rachel at Dapple of My Eye has bestowed this very impressive award upon us.  Here are all the nice things she has to say about us (made me blush!):

Marissa worked her tail off in Law School to be able to FINALLY own horses of her own. And now she owns two of the finest equines around. She has raised Tucker (and is in the raising process with Julie) and has been through so many of the same trials and tribulations with him as I am currently going through with Granite. It is so inspiring to know that if you preservere these magnificent animals will be worth all of your effort, ten-fold. Tucker is knocking them dead in the big leagues now, thanks to the unwavering dedication of his mom, and they both continually provide inspiration to those of us who would like to follow in their footsteps (ahem... Granite and his Mom). So keep leading the way for us Marissa and Tucker!


I told Tucker about the award last night and he had this whole big long speech prepared, about the miles he's walked to get to where he is, the struggles he's overcome to reach the top, thanking the little people, thanking God, thanking the cast, the crew, the fans.  It seemed a bit over the top to me so I'll spare you all that.  He got a little carried away.  You can't imagine how tough it is to round up a blanket of roses at 8pm on a Thursday night.  Sheesh.

I do want to say, however, that it makes me so happy to hear that my ultimate message is coming through in this blog:  that it's all totally worth it.  Rachel is doing a wonderful job taking care of her young horse, which is no easy feat.  It requires a lot of patience, time, energy, thought, and financial sacrifice!  But, at the end of the day, it will all be worth it.  While I often question many things about my life, I wholeheartedly believe that much to be true. 

And now...  on to the award itself.


 
INTREPID RIDERS FACTION ~We strive to go where others only dare to go with our horse loves. . . healing, being respectful of the horse, riding, playing, camping, jumping, swimming and traveling down the trails of life. . . with the horse in our Hearts. Overcoming many obstacles, and sometimes weather, to ride!

This Award is dedicated to those Horse Lovers and Riders that inspire others to go deeper in ability, knowledge and understanding of the Equine(s) they have been entrusted to.  The good of the horse is the ultimate goal apart from pressures to achieve ribbons and fit into lesson schedules.

~ Some of these riders are fearless, when it comes to weather conditions and the forecasting of them. . . being with their horses fills these folks' soul and takes the cares out of daily routines.

~ They are unconditionally loving to the horse and may have rescued it from known ailment or living condition.

~ Others have researched and purchased/acquired their horse, to find a difficulty in temperament or a physical burden within the animal. Yet, being dedicated, they have persevered to proudly be in partnership with their horse, lovingly striving for deeper awareness between them.

~ Some horse lovers may have been riding for years and suddenly, had an accident that takes them away from the great joy and freedom they have, being aboard such a magnificent animal. They have allowed the healing horse to rise in their hearts once again, and beckon them back!

~ Fear is not my normal response to things. . . just a desire to achieve higher understanding of what may lay ahead of me with my mare or gelding, that truly is a gift to my heart and soul. I always seek out knowledgeable and caring individuals to assist me, in any quest I may look into.

~ I am taking with me the good I have learned from caring individuals that have shown great single minded LOVE to the horse, and am leaving the dust of the bad behind me, not allowing it to fetter my supreme desire to be all I can be as a rider to my mare or gelding, and also, to allow him or her to be the Equine athlete he or she truly is!

There are not many rules with this award. . . .  JUST :

1)  That you give it to only one person

2)  Link back to this post, so they may have an understanding to it's true nature.

3)  You may use any or all of the written descriptions, with the award picture.

And now, onto the award-giving.  This was a difficult choice for me.  I've met so many amazing women through blogging that it was tough to pick just one.  But then I realized that there's a blogger who I've been thinking about lately, someone who has been faced with considerable adversity in her personal life and her equine world as of late.  She has been through no small amount of trials and tribulations over the past year or so that I've been following her blog and has met each of these moments with poise, intelligence, compassion, and a sense of humor that has taught me never to take a sip of anything while reading her posts.  Her connection to the horses in her life is awe-inspiring.  She is one of those rare horse people that really, truly listens to what the horse is trying to say.  She takes the time to fully understand each horse and his or her personality, quirks, likes, dislikes, and needs; whether its a Shetland pony with an affinity for Edvard Greig, or a spunky older mare who doesn't know the meaning of a stroll.  In turn, the horses understand and respect her, and let her into their wonderful little worlds.  Though I don't know her personally except through her blog, I am confident in saying she is a wonderful friend, wife, and mother, as evidenced by the story of how her friends and family surprised her with the purchase of a new horse.  You need look no farther than her most recent post to understand the kind of horseperson that she is.  Her posts remind me to see each horse as an individual, listen to what they are trying to tell me, and above all else, keep my sense of humor about me at all times.  I give this most deserved award to my friend Jane, at The Literary Horse.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you! And that's a very good choice of where to send the award next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award, Marissa! Well deserved. What a great way to start the long weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry.
    That person sounds so wonderful, it makes me want to meet her! ;) Luckily I met you and Tucker and Julie, whom I am very thankful to call my friends.
    I'm extremely honored. Speechless, which is nearly impossible. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you certainly deserved it, congratulations! I'll have to also visit Jane's blog soon, it looks like!

    ~~ JennyB, Horsefeathers

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way Jane... now we are even because several of your posts have made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award that was truly written ~for you
    KK ALLHORSESTUFF Intrepid rider

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment (I love reading them) as long as you are respectful and kind, and only use language you'd use in front of your grandma. Thanks!