Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thinsulate blanket

You know, I've been obnoxiously complaining lately that I have the worst luck in the world, that nothing ever ends up going my way or even going as planned.

But the internet gods decided to smile on me today. The other day when I was driving home from the barn deciding what day I'm going to clip Tucker, I thought about how I used to have a Roma Thinsulate blanket for another horse I used to ride, and how nice it was, and how sad I was that they don't make them anymore.

Beval's also makes a thinsulate blanket, which some of the horses at Whitmere have, but it doesn't have shoulder gussets and I'm very partial to blankets with shoulder gussets. So I decided to do a little internet search. Wouldn't you know that the ONLY one I found online is exactly Tucker's size, and in Tucker's favorite colors (green and blue)?* And at a great value!

By the way, I highly recommend the site where I found it, it's called http://www.saddlesandmore.com/ and it's loaded with really good used stuff that all appears to be good quality (brand names) and in relatively decent shape. If you're in the market for something, I would highly recommend checking it out. Blankets, tack, bits, saddle pads, books, etc. You know I love a good bargain and I really had to stop myself at just one purchase on this site.

It was, however, a very good purchase and I think a very lucky find. Thank you Universe, for making a small effort to balance things out.

___________________________
*Editor's Note: I only know that Tucker's favorite colors are green and blue because an equine psychic told me that, and I'm not so sure that Tucker was entirely forthright with her since he also told her that some other horse had bucked me off, when in fact he was the one who bucked me off just days prior to my conversation with her. My theory is that it was like when you are too young to evaluate the plausibility of your lies and blame your imaginary friend for drawing on the couch when your mother asks. Which, obviously, this writer knows nothing about from her personal experience.

8 comments:

  1. How awesome is that? What a lucky girl! Cool site, I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, hope Miss P and Pongo can make use of it. I forgot to mention also that the seller got back to me right away about the blanket and takes paypal for payment, so it was a quick and easy transaction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your editors note made me really miss being at the same barn as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your great bargin!!!!!!!!! I love a good bargin too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tucker and I have something in common, my favorite colors are green and blue too. The karma is spreading...I can't wait to check out this site. I was just pondering the four different pairs of child sized paddock boots that I have. Perhaps they can be "traded in" for tall boots?
    -Elizabeth
    She Rides, I Pay
    www.SheRidesIpay.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OTB: Tucker and I miss having you around too! Maybe before the weather gets too cold we can finally arrange a trail ride? Someday I will tell the full story of Tucker bucking me off (complete with horrifying video footage) and explain what led me to seek psychic help despite my total skepticism.

    Elizabeth: Welcome to the blog & I have been enjoying reading yours! I think a trade is a great idea.... let me know if she goes for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nooooo! I can't look at another discount tack site.

    Ok, off I go. Here's hoping I don't go broke. ;-)

    The bucking story sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.