Monday, July 20, 2009

On pins and needles

So I talked to Alicia and she is currently driving the RV up to HITS. The rest of the crew is also on their way up there with horses in tow. Too bad about this stupid lawyering thing, or I'd be right there with them today! But, unfortunately, Tucker and I are stuck in the real world for another couple of days before our fun can begin. He's probably happier to have another couple of days at home, but man do I wish I were at a horse show right now instead of sitting at my desk!

Being a grown up is really the pits sometimes. . . .


Update: here's a picture of the official Whitmere set up! Now I really can't wait to hit the road!


5 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!

    In only slightly related news... Where did you go to law school? I am finishing my Masters in Public Administration and just accepted a position for a municipal govt in NC, I have always toyed with the idea of Municipal Law and if I am still toying with this after 2 years working in Local Govt, I may think about heading on to get a JD... suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a grown up with responsibilities is the pits sometimes. I know.
    We used to go to HITS all the time, and we usually had a pretty good time. Good luck to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMK - I'd recommend going to law school in whatever state you intend to practice (I assume NC). I went to Seton Hall in NJ. I enjoy being a student, but law school was definitely tough. I would definitely make sure it's what you want to do before you commit to it!

    GHM - Tucker and I will be at HITS on Wednesday, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR GOING TO HITS!!!! I am so happy for you. I know you were worried with going out to CO and all so I am so happy for you!! This is exactly what you need right now. Have fun and I am so excited for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about being a grown up. I keep asking my husband when are we going to stop playing house and move back home where our parents can worry about everything and we can just play with our hobbies - me my ponies and Scott his motobikes!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.