Monday, July 27, 2009

HITS was fantastic!

So, in a nutshell, my horse is amazing. I didn't know I could love him more than I already did, but I do! For his first big away show like this, he was truly spectacular. I'll be posting my detailed notes throughout the week, but here are some results and links to photos.



Wednesday -- we got there and did a ticketed warm-up in the ring we'd be showing in on Thursday, and he jumped around like an old pro.

Thursday -- we showed in the Tri-State Hunters. There was something like 90 entries in the class so no ribbons, but he was great. A little sticky with some lead changes, but overall the jumps were good. He got a little tired at the end and we added in the last line -- but given how long it's taken us to get him to collect his stride, that's not a bad problem to have! And look at that trot!

Friday -- we showed in the Modified Adult Hunters. He was a rock star. Mom made a couple of dumb mistakes, but he totally took care of me like an old packer (even though he's just a baby!). And he was 4th in the hack out of 30 horses! I couldn't have been any prouder of him.

Saturday -- day off from showing, just went for a hack. He was really starting to get the hang of this horse show thing. Not so bad, if it wasn't for all the baths. . . .

Sunday -- we showed in the Novice Adult Equitation, in the pouring rain. He was brave and brilliant. We were 4th in the flat, 2nd in the first two over fences, and overall Reserve Champion. We didn't get anything in the 3rd class because he slipped in the mud, got mad at himself and did a few broncs. But other than that it was a flawless round, and I really can't fault him for getting upset because he let it go right away and jumped the next two lines beautifully.

I'll have more details and pictures later, but all in all it was a perfect week and we had lots and lots of time to bond. I love this horse!


8 comments:

  1. Now you can't say you didn't know how wonderful he was already - what a great horse you have and how much fun he must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! He is so much fun. It is such a great feeling to spend a week with a horse who doesn't do anything wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!! Congrats on all the ribbons! Way to tough it out even in the rain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...you got reserve champion in a division at HITS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not many people can say that! I am so proud of the two of you!!! I know you give him a lot of credit (which he deserves) but for people that don't know you you are a REALLY good rider as well. I am so happy for you! That ribbon will look great in a deep frame with the smaller ribbons and pictures from the show around it...in your new place. You have just made my day! I am so happy for you and the goofball...poor Julie is going to have a lot to live up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done!!!! Tucker looks awesome and so do you! Can't wait to read your notes about the weekend! Look at those plaits - so little, so neat, so tidy! No really you guys look amazing. Well done - heaps of kisses to Tucker from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge Congrats to you. Pretty amazing! You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what an accomplishment. Would love to someday go to HITS, but I'm afraid that my appy boy would not do so hot. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Congratulations!!! Its so nice when they rise to the occassion and even better when they exceed our expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them! If you have a question, I will make sure to get back to you.